25 July 2021

Half Hexi Challenge.

Since January I have been participating in a Challenge Group on Instagram that is making Blocks from Focus (Fussy) Cutting HALF HEXAGONS.

It would seem that I haven't given my Blog Readers an Update on this project since April.

MARCH: Our Theme was BOOKS 
(and International Women's Day)

My Blocks featured:

The Adventures of Blinky Bill
Pooh Bear
Jungle Book
The Thursday Next Series
as well as A Bookworm in the Library

Also a Tribute to all the Women in Science

APRIL: Had a Theme of GARDENS.

My Blocks showed that I have a Bee Hive in my Garden,
New Holland Honeyeaters visit  our Grevilleas on occasion
and Snails  - They come out at night and graze on the Lawn!
As well as the Fish Pond - with no fish at the moment.

MAY: Was a month that featured the SENSES.
I used our Trip away as inspiration.

Starting with the Sound of Music I also included the Sound of the Train on the Tracks.
The Smell of freshly Ground Coffee. (A Good Cup was hard to find.)
Sight - A Classic Aussie Outback Sunset.
Taste - The Food and Wine that was available for all to enjoy and Finally Touch
My block was made of 'Gold Leaves' for our visit to the Perth Mint.

JUNE: The Theme was TRAVEL.
Was I ahead of my Time or an Inspiration? I didn't ask!

These blocks saw me finding Fabric with Medallions from all the Capitol Cities in Australia (That I have visited.)

The Wheels on a Yellow School Bus from Michigan was my Hidden motif.

Caravanning "Down the Peninsula"  hit the brief for our Pattern Matching week.

AND - April in Paris!  A 'Never in my Wildest Imagination' Trip away.

That brings me up to date with the Focus Cutting Challenge - marking our halfway point with Week 26.




Note:  You can see my Posts on these Individual blocks on AUSSIE.KILTED.QUILTER on Instagram.





1 comment:

  1. I've just been looking through lots of these challenge pieces on insta. I saw some of yours among them. It is fascinating to see how everyone interprets the challenge each week.

    ReplyDelete