28 July 2021

Putting a Line under 2-0-1-9


DH Retired December 31st, 2018 and I thought we were to spend our early "Getting to know ourselves again" time Wandering Wineries and Windswept Beaches.  

The 2019 Bushfires put those ideas on hold. 


2019 was also the Year we decided to start a Temperature Quilt.  

He meticulously recorded the Highs and Lows each day of his first Retirement year and whether we had Rain or Shine.

I started pulling Fabrics and piecing Blocks and even made a couple of Progress Posts on my Blog. 

The Blocks started to become a Quilt over the year and early 2020.




Somewhere between my Post of the 5th March and the next on the 18th March Covid had made it's way here and it was time to take it seriously. 

Monash University had been planning for On-line and Remote learning since February, with many of their Students stranded overseas. 

And making working from Home possible became the top priority.


Work on my Quilt also stopped, Like so many of us - At the Borders!  

It was in danger of becoming a UFO - Unable to decide on how to finish it, It was put Aside but not Away.

I went to move it the other day and thought "What is Stopping me Finishing This?"  

My newly acquired Very Empty Workspace soon filled with a Very large Quilt.  It may just be the biggest Temperature Quilt ever made.


The Final wide Yellow Border 
(For Hope for the Future) was now sewn to the Grey Smoke - a Reminder of the Horrific Bushfires of 2019


Hexagon "Stepping Stones" recording the Wonderful Weather on our Trip to Darwin, and Our Retirement treat of the return Journey on The Ghan are Appliqued onto it - 


With a Celebration for the Last Stitch!

It is now Pressed and waiting now Lockdown No 5 is over so I can get it to the Quilter.  


I look at it and I think that This was to be the start of New Beginnings for Us.

And now it is a Reminder of the Precious Freedom we enjoyed -      -Before Covid.





1 comment:

  1. It looks great! Congrats on getting the top finished.

    ReplyDelete