26 July 2021

Mystery Quilt - Another Catch up

The last Progress report on my Mystery Quilt from Jemima's Creative Quilting was back in March where I had just finished Part 10.


Part 11 involved making 24 Rosettes which were to begin the rows that Square up the Quilt.

They were all finished by the 11th June.


The quilt is getting much bigger and I can no longer work on my knee while watching TV.

The hexagons were also getting damaged requiring some repairs. 

So moving to the sewing table was the best place for stitching them to the growing quilt. 

However - At that time we were also Cat Sitting for our Son. 

Doogal apparently, is an undercover member of the Quilt Police and decided I needed to be observed intently!

In the meantime I have been unsettled with working on this project.  I remember that I started this to take me out of my 'comfort zone' in Colour and Fabrics but there was just something that wasn't right.



DH came to the conclusion that the Centre was "Too Light and Unbalanced" and suggested replacing the centre Hexagon 
(Yes - the First piece of the Quilt) 
with a darker fabric.


It took a bit of work to reinsert all the papers carefully back into the Second row before unpicking the Central Light hexagon and replacing it with a Dark Blue. 

His idea, was that this will now draw your eye to the Centre and not be overwhelmed by a lot of Lights.

It is better but in hindsight I would choose different Light Tones for the Quilt. 

There was just not enough definition between my lights and mediums for the Centre.


Part 11 is now complete.

I am working on Part 12.  

Now that The Quilt is no longer a Mystery, I can choose to work on each row or complete a Corner at a time.

Something to Contemplate!



1 comment:

  1. I think it looks terrific. The dark hexie in the centre looks good, but I wouldn't change anything else until you get the whole thing done (or maybe at least one whole corner) so you can get the full picture.

    ReplyDelete