3 August 2012

I think I Busted my Budget.....

Well the shop IS called "Darn Cheap"!

I got a rather excited visit from my Mum yesterday afternoon to let me know that she had just been down to Darn Cheap in Heidelberg and discovered that they had just put out their remaining stock of "Michelle's Backyard" fabric (by Michelle Marvig for Charles Parsons) into their cheap bin.

For those of you who are local to Melbourne and know the store - that's right... it's in the $4:00 per meter bin.
Well, there's a lot less of it now... at that price I bought enough to make some very nice Aussie Hero Quilts.
But DH is going to have to shout me my next coffee!

It is finds like this that gives you the enthusiasm to make another quilt for someone you don't know, and then out of the blue you get.........

"I came into work today and was surprised when I saw a package on my desk. When I opened the package I was even more surprised when I saw that it was the Aussie Hero quilt, laundry bag, beanie and also some goodies. There was also a letter .....
I would just like to extend my greatest thanks for the package and not only the quilt, laundry bag and goodies but also the letter. I will really cherish this.
It really made my day.

Thanking you again from the bottom of my heart."



And then it is all worth while!   :-)





1 comment:

  1. I have to just shut my eyes or be blindfolded, to walk past that shop without being tempted to go in! They have some fabulous stuff, and it looks like you scored some of it there! Nice message about your Aussie Hero quilt. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, doesn't it :-)

    ReplyDelete